- 3% reduction in overall networth vs YE 2014; driven mainly by the impact of the crash in the value of the Nigerian Naira on my Nigeria domicilled bits and bobs
- Full Year (FY) spend was 96% of net earnings (v. 104% for FY 2014); non-charity spend at 71% of net earnings (v.74% for FY 2014). Unsustainable in the long run but headed in the right direction I believe.
- FY spend ~12% above plan, main driver being expenditures related to my decision to live alone from May (and outfit my house)
- Main exposure is ~£4k in outstanding loans; not including the £1.5k I wrote off at YE 2014.
Key 2016 Actions
- Retrieve outstanding loans; minimise exposures going forward by instituting strong controls around loaning friends and family money;
- Identify options to reclaim stranded EM (Nigeria) pension funds
- Explore more aggressive investment options (funds, forex trading)
- Deliver on 2016 stretch targets (equivalent to a 19% reduction in FY spend) focus areas will be purchases and loans.