Day 5 of the Better Man in 30 days challenge – Cultivate Your Gratitude
Quite a few things to be thankful for, in no particular order:
- Friends who consistently come through. Needing to make a significant wire transfer earlier this week, a quick call to a couple of old chums resulted in a speedy resolution. Top lads C and O.
- Family – warts and all. And mine, myself included, do have warts!
- J whose patience with my stuttering, complicated self is a refreshing breath of air;
- Work – and the opportunities it has presented over the last ten years and counting. A certain stint somewhere in my past still keeps opening doors. Grateful.
- The internet and how easily it provides solutions – stumbled on an excel tutorial on spark-lines which might have saved a side project I am working on. Not one of the things I miss about those heady Eket days it must be said.
- (Not so) Little children, particularly F, my friend O’s precocious daughter. Hanging with her gives me hope for the future. I am not too damaged to make a half decent dad.
- Success in one more exam, no lengthy post nominals to append to my name unfortunately but small steps in the right direction I think.
- Health – no new major scares (as far as I know).
- Great work conversations – currently talking an old work friend through a weighty decision. That she and I are still in contact nearly five years after we last worked together is so much more reassuring given my current work situation.
- And Nandos — ’nuff said.
2 thoughts on “Day 5 – Cultivate Your Gratitude”
Nandos always ends up being on your Blog posts. Lol. Smh.