What I learned since July 10, 2009
- The whole “every disappointment is a blessing” is cliche 9 times out of 10 – the one occasion it is not more than makes up for all the other times…
- Above a certain level of pay, autonomy and a sense of truly contributing are the most important considerations for job satisfaction….. for me..
- People usually mean well when they try to commiserate – most of the time they just need to shut the fuck up.
- Brooke Fraser’s Shadowfeet is the coolest song ever….
- Every bloke needs a bizzle – the one chic who has the guts to give it to you straight from the hips ( no double etendre there). It’s always helpful to get your ego brought down a notch or two.
- The ladder theory works – however sad – blokes just need to get with the program.
- Female bosses are so not it – woe betide you if you have a Technical review when its that time of the month – red ink everywhere… sigh..